Application Idle Timeout for Users of Infor VISUAL™
VizManager™ is an application designed to monitor idle time of Infor VISUAL™ applications and then automatically close all VISUAL windows after a set period of inactivity. This new version includes many of the features and benefits system administrators have been looking for with an improved interface and unique options. Using this program allows companies to maximize their licensing investment and get better control over their enterprise management software.
Version 2.2.6 Now Available!
Check out these features:
- Works with VISUAL 5.2.x, 6.1.x, 6.2.x, 6.3.x, 6.4.x, 6.5.x, 7.0.x and 7.1.x
- NEW! Verified Support with Infor VISUAL 7.0.0 SP3 and VISUAL 7.1.0 SP1 (Gupta Runtime 5.2 SP5)
- Closes all open VISUAL applications after a period of inactivity:
- Only monitors VISUAL applications for activity. So working in another application won't reset the VISUAL inactivity timer
- Ability to set different inactivity timers for different users
- Ensures that all users will be logged out of VISUAL at the end of a day (for system backups, etc.)
- Option to save changes to VISUAL applications or not save changes when closing
- Settings can be password protected by system administrator
- Single purchase for unlimited client computers
- Runs in the system tray, uses very little memory, and is just one small executable!
- Includes option for the user to set the number of seconds from 1 to 30 for the warning pop-up message to display (This helps to notify the user VizManager is about to close the VizManager applications).
- Includes a “Programs” tab for specific application options (This includes an option for preventing VizManager from closing VISUAL applications if certain utilities like Costing Utilities or MRP are open. This also includes an option to close (or not close) programs like Barcode Labor Ticket Entry).
- Includes feature to enable Time of Day timeout option (Up to 5 different times can be added to force VizManager to close VISUAL applications at a specific time of day).
VizManager™ will automatically close all Infor VISUAL™ applications after a set period of inactivity. This allows your company to maximize your investment in Infor VISUAL™ licenses, because any user not using VISUAL applications can now be closed out of VISUAL: freeing up that license for another user.
After installing VizManager™ on each client to be monitored for inactivity, the program will launch when the user logs in and simply run in the system tray. When a Infor VISUAL™ application is launched via the normal methods, VizManager™ begins to monitor mouse and keyboard activity of VISUAL applications only. This means a user could be working in an e-mail or word processing application, for example, but the VISUAL inactivity timer will continue to run. When the set inactivity timeout occurs, the VISUAL applications will be closed automatically in the background. A Time of Day option can also be enabled to shut down VISUAL applications at specific times of day. The user has the option of canceling the closing process if they need to finish some work. Also, there are options in VizManager™ for saving work before closing or not closing at all if unsaved work in VISUAL is found.
For more information on VizManager™ and how you can improve the efficiency of your VISUAL environment, contact us.
A little history…
VISUAL Manufacturing ERP software (aka VISUAL Enterprise, VISUAL MFG and VMFG) was originally developed by Lilly Software Associates (LSA). In 2004, Infor Global Solutions® purchased Lilly Software and the VISUAL Product and changed the name to Infor VISUAL.